Rearranged and Revamped
These Pennsylvania homeowners were none too pleased with the state of their home’s look or its layout. So the couple hired designer David Stimmel of Stimmel Consulting Group, Inc., and architect Susan Gracki of Gardner-Fox Associates to tailor the floor plan, function, and form especially for their family of four.
Before work could begin, the design team worked with the family to determine how to rearrange the main living and work areas to achieve the best flow for their lifestyle. With decisions made, the family’s existing kitchen and breakfast room were transformed into the new family room. The laundry room was relocated to the second floor where a small kitchen once existed. In its place now live a new powder room, mudroom, and pantry.
The kitchen was relocated to where the butler’s pantry and sun porch previously resided, and it was opened up to the rear yard. To do so, the design team removed a thick masonry wall to create one large floor plan. New windows and doors were installed as well as built-in cabinetry. The cream-colored cabinetry, which was custom designed Dave Stimmel of Stimmel Consulting Group, features beautiful woodworking details, sections of glass-front doors, and in-cabinet lighting to highlight colorful pottery. These pops of color add a touch of added interest against the sophisticated palette of creams and soft browns provided by the cabinetry, marble countertops, and wood flooring. A coffered ceiling, which complements the cabinetry in color and style, cloaks a steal support beam that was installed in lieu of the removed wall. A concealed glass pocket door provides separation between the kitchen and family room when desired.
With their rooms rearranged and revamped, this family now loves their new living spaces.
Learn more about this designer: www.stimmeldesign.com
Stimmel Consulting Group, Inc.
855 Lewis Lane
Ambler, PA 19002
1042 Lancaster Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19004
919 Glen Brook Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Custom cabinetry featuring woodworking details, glass-front doors, and in-cabinet lighting
- Cabinetry: Custom design by Dave Stimmel of Stimmel Consulting Group
- Countertops: Calcutta Nuvolato honed and enhanced marble with half bullnose edge
- Sink(s): Mirabelle double-bowl in Brushed Satin
- Faucet(s): Rohl pullout single-lever in Satin Nickel
- Beverage Faucet: Kohler Wellspring in stainless steel
- Soap Dispenser: Kohler
- Disposal: InSinkErator pro disposal and sink-top air switch
- Range: Viking 60-inch dual-fuel with six burners, griddle, and grill
- Hood: Vent-A-Hood 60-inch pro wall liner for custom wood hood
- Refrigerators: Sub-Zero 36-inch built-in all refrigerator, Sub-Zero 36-inch built-in all freezer, Sub-Zero 24-inch refrigerator/freezer integrated for wood panel
- Dishwasher: Miele Futura Dimension fully integrated with custom wood panel
- Warming Drawer: Dacor 24-inch integrated for wood panel
- Lighting: Murray Feiss chandelier
- Backsplash: Field Tile Horus Art in Tiffany Biscuit in a staggered pattern for backsplash, Calcutta polished marble mini brick mosaic for niche
Provided by Gardner/Fox